Tuesday 8 January 2008

Where does it all come from????

First off i need to amend my last post and say that the "biting" around the valley of the engine is "probably just rough casting" as i've been told by v8 people, and shown in photos of new (yes NEW) v8s.

So Liam, it's not your fault or the previous owners fault!

Which is great, absolutely great...

...but


where the hell did the three tones of scrap metal in the sump come from??

There is at least two cups full of swarf and chipped metal, it's honestly piston-sized quantities, and if the metal didn't come from the "biting", so Where DID it come from? With the bottom end exposed now I can see almost everything is in good shape. The only one real problem is the 50 kilos of burnt oil (caused by her overheating problems!) and that's only a problem because I smell of 4x4 every time i take the bus. Yes, I said bus, I'm saving up for parts!


That's all for now.

No comments: