Friday 18 January 2008

Not one-track!




Everything lately has been about the engine. I have still been attending the vehicle itself. Of late i removed all the interior carpets, the grab handles and the sun visors (because the interior was getting a bit smelly). Now it's mostly bare metal. I removed the sagging headlining, which showered me in spiders and flies. I fixed the rear right wheel, which sat very very flat until now. I also noticed that the 245s on the range rover, while they look ok/small on the car, absolutely dwarf even some large tyres on an r14! I must admit to going back to the engine a few times. I tapped out the core plugs, this is easy, just tap one side of the plug with a hammer and bolt, and when the other side rises, pull it out with a pliers. It's out with the old and in with the new, but not right away. I need to clean the engine "core" ie, the channels through which the coolant runs, which are filthy with residue.

1 comment:

Luke Cape said...

In fairness those tyres are a tad too big there me mucker!